- Exterior & Lobby
Discreet is not normally a word associated with Madrid’s main thoroughfare, buzzing with shops, restaurants and theatres, but this intimate design hotel is at the quieter end of the Gran Vía by stunning Plaza de Cibeles, with a rather small entrance and understated contemporary décor.
Occupying the upper floors of a grand 1920s building, the entrance may seem unprepossessing, and the journey in the small lift a little squashed, but once you arrive at the reception on the 6th floor your misgivings will seem misplaced.
A contemporary palette of slate, mocha and black are punctuated by rich velvets, gilt-framed oil portraits and framed by the ornate plasterwork and high ceilings of the original structure. The 76 rooms are cool and contemporary with muted tones, black tiled bathrooms and large windows.
There are impressive views from the large roof terrace, - an extensive solarium dotted with olive and cypress trees by day (and a bar by night).
Its position is also perfect for the shops and theatres of the Gran Via and if you want to be able to walk to any of the main attractions - or stagger back for some rest from any of the nearby bars.
The modern yet ornate theme continues in the elegant penthouse restaurant aptly name Ático where chef Ramon Freixa struts his 2 Michelin Star stuff. You can sample his avant garde haute cuisine while admiring some of the best views of Madrid.
By night the hotel's large roof terrace transforms to one of Madrid's hottest cocktail spots.
- Ático Restaurant (2 Michelin Star chef)
- 76 Rooms
- Rooftop solarium
- Wellness suite
- Babysitting services are available
Some services and facilities will attract additional charges to be paid at the hotel during your stay
Check in and out
- Quiet location on the Gran Via
- Near famous landmarks, shops, museums and theatres
- Michelin starred Chef
- Rooftop Solarium
- The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in guest rooms and public areas
- There is no parking garage at this hotel so look for the closest public car park if you are arriving by car
- Pets are not permitted at this property
- Children up to the age of 11 stay free of charge in a cot, crib or extra bed
- Children 12 years of age or older and adults can stay in an extra bed at a nightly charge of around €110 per night
- There is a lift to all floors
- There are specially adapted rooms for guests with limited mobility - please call us if you are interested in booking this hotel
Facilities and Amenities
- Free WiFi
Whoops. It seems as there are no rooms available at this hotel, please refine your search and try again
*At Spain In Style, we carefully select all of our images and try to represent the hotel as honestly as possible. This is done by real live humans, and though unlikely, it’s still possible that we could have made a mistake. If you think we might have made a mistake please do let us know on email@example.com